We hope you love the products we recommend and just so you know that as an Amazon Associate MyLogSplitter may earn from qualifying purchases.
Finding the right type of 2-stroke oil for your chainsaw can be pretty tricky.
There are just so many different options.
This article aims to answer the question of what is the best 2 stroke oil for chainsaw overall – and to do this, we’ve listed our four favourite options.
For each of the four brands I have included a table that givesyou some different sizing options. Simply click through to check the price of each size once you have made your decision.
One last thing before we dive in…
Here is our top pick for the best 2 stroke oil for chainsaw:
TOP PICK: Best 2 Stroke Oil for Chainsaw
We chose the Amsoil 2-stroke Oil that you can see below for a couple of reasons I will outline underneath:
The main reason is that it is a fully synthetic oil, and many people (myself included) run it without any lubricity, fouling, or carbon problems.
Amsoil 2-stroke Oil for Chainsaw
|Top||1 Gallon||AMSOIL Saber Professional Synthetic 2-Stroke Oil||Check Price|
|Top||32 Oz||AMSOIL Saber Professional Synthetic 2-Stroke Oil||Check Price|
|Top||1-Qt||AMSOIL Saber Professional Synthetic 2-Stroke Oil||Check Price|
|– Contains fuel stabilisation to stop fuel from deteriorating when it has been stored for a length of time. This means you don’t need to add any extra stabilisers when you put your chInsaw in seasonal storage.|
– Superb Lubricity that controls general wear and tear from friction. This means that ring sticking and exhaust port blocking wont be an issue.
– Delivers very little emissions even when run at 80:1 or even 100:1 mix ratios
– Great for use in damp environments as it has anti-rust technology incorporated
|– Not the cheapest oil|
– Some may prefer specialized oils for brand-specific chainsaws
1 quart (32 oz) size treats 12 gallons of gas at 50:1
Click here for Amsoil Safety Data Sheets
Lucas 2 Stroke Oil for Chainsaw
|Top||1 Gallon||Lucas Oil 10115 Semi-Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil||Check Price|
|Top||1 Quart||Lucas Oil 10110 Semi-Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil||Check Price|
|Top||1 Quart||Lucas Oil 10467 Land and Sea 2-Cycle Oil||Check Price|
|– “low smoke” two-cycle oil formulated from a special blend of mineral oil, polybutene and a low ash additive system.|
– Designed to prevent carbon deposits to the piston rings, skirt, crown and under crown areas and prevent exhaust port blocking.
– It is prediluted with a special solvent to allow you to mix with gasoline’s at all temperatures.
– Meets the requirement for “low smoke” oils often referred to as “smokeless” oils.
– prevents carbon deposits
|– At least one customer mentioned that they aren’t all that impressed by the ‘low smoke’ capabilities – though its’ possible this is due to the fuel.|
Another great option.
Some highlights that make the Lucas 2 stroke oil a good option include the fact that it is designed to allow for effective mixing even when its exceptionally cold. I also like the fact that it qualifies for the low smoke rating – which is great!
Redline Two Stroke Oil for Chainsaw
|Top||1 Gallon||Red Line RED40605 2-Stroke Race Oil||Check Price|
|Top||16 oz.||Red Line Two-Stroke Racing Oil||Check Price|
|Top||16 Oz. (Pack of 12)||Red Line 40403-12PK 2-Stroke Kart Oil||Check Price|
|– High-temp stability prevents deposits on combustion chambers, exhaust ports, upper ring, and piston crown|
– Dyno proven for gains of 3-5% and more power over longer runs
– Ultimate in two-cycle performance, extreme cleanliness
– Contain ester base oils with the highest film strength and affinity for hot metal
– Increased power and excellent scuff protection
– Works in both premix or injection systems
– Low carbon residue dramatically reduces plug fouling and smoke
– Runs clean and smooth
|– Although great engines that hgave already been broken in, they are probably not the best option for brand new engines.|
Maxima 2 stroke oil for chainsaw
|Top||64 oz.||Maxima Formula K2 2-Stroke Oil||Check Price|
|Top||16 oz.||Maxima 22916 Formula K2 2-Stroke Synthetic Racing Premix Oil||Check Price|
|Top||1 Gallon||Maxima (289128 Super M Injector 2-Stroke Premix/Injector Oil||Check Price|
|Top||5 Gallon||Maxima 20505 Super M 2-Stroke Premix Engine Oil||Check Price|
|– High performance|
– 100% Synthetic
– Exceptional protection against wear
– Very clean
– Designed to reduce rust and corrosion significantly
– Designed for High RPM Machines
– Manufactured in the USA
|– Can sometimes require a few extra pulls to get going.|
This is another great option.
I really like that this is manufactured in the USA and has been reported to be really good in the low – allowing the throttle to be a little more snappy. Being able to drive lower RPM’s and not have any spluttering is well worth it!
This list is a tough one to choose betwen, as these 4 options are all very good. They all improve on the cleanliness of the engine and offer some kind of rust and corrosion protection. Honestly, you can’t go wrong with any of these options, but as I said to you at the beginning of the article, I really like the Amsoil 2-stroke option.
What do you think? If you have some thoughts to add, just pop them in the comments below and lets get the discussion going!