We hope you love the products we recommend and just so you know that as an Amazon Associate MyLogSplitter may earn from qualifying purchases.
What the heck is a Mingo Firewood Marker?
If you’re anything like me, when you cut up wood for your firepace you too, end up with logs of all lengths.
Thats a problem!
It’s messy, and annoying to carry, and looks ugly when when you have one longer section of wood poking out of your firebox.
Thankfully, there is a solution to cutting firewood into equal cut lengths without using a measuring tape. All you need is a can of spray paint, and your new Mingo Firewood Marker to get precisely cut firewood quickly and accurately.
The Mingo Firewood marker allows you to mark your log before you being cutting so you end up with precisely cut firewood in exactly equal cut lengths every time.
It does this by ignoring conventional methods often used to make similar length cuts (such as a tape measure and sidewalk chalk) – and making use of a marking wheel that sprays a dot of paint to indicate the cut points along the length of the log.
Watch the video below to see it in action:
How to use the Mingo Firewood Marker
To use this handy little device, all you need to do is use the following instructions:
- Decide how long you want each length of cut wood to be, and choose the corresponding bright color wheel to the device (The marker comes with a 16″ wheel – others are available to purchase separately)
- Insert the spray paint can into the canister receiver at the top of the machine
- Simply position the device at the start of the log and roll it along the top surface of the log. This will place consistent marks all the way along the wood making it obvious exactly where you need to cut.
- Cut your precisely marked wood with your favorite chain saw!
Features and Benefits of the Mingo Firewood Marker
This is what I think is the best feature:
The manufacturer of this clever little device has seemingly thought of everything. In particular, although sounding a bit silly, its bright color is actually a huge feature when you’re out cutting wood and there is sawdust everywhere. The bright color means that misplacing this guy is actually pretty tricky.
The full list of features (and their benefits to you):
- Bright color – as mentioned above it is virtually impossible to lose
- Comes with a 16-inch marking wheel but has the ability to work other marking wheel accessories that are available for separate purchase.
- Makes use of the very popular ‘inverted surveyor’s paint’ spray cans
- Easy to use and comfortable handle. All you need to do is grip the handle of the Mingo and roll it along the surface to get your length of wood ready to cut!
- This thing is FAST – literally about 20 times faster than getting out a tape measure and chalk.
- Because of the precise way this thing measures the lengths of wood, you will find that you will save yourself sever cuts per load.
- Stacking your wood pile is safer to do as al the logs are the same length.
- There is no need to shuffle wood around in the firebox because the equal lengths means your wood will burn cleaner and longer.
- Marking wood with fallen snow on it is no issue at all for the Mingo.
- Resistant to impact and temperature – Because of it’s composition of specially blended plastics.
- Perfect for homeowners with woodburning fireplaces, stoves, or other woodburning appliances
- The Mingo turns a long day of marking and cutting firewood into an enjoyable family outing
- Available separately purchased wheel accessories make cutting almost any standard log easy as a spiced pumpkin pie!
- Made in the USA
- Lifetime Warranty