We hope you love the products we recommend and just so you know that as an Amazon Associate MyLogSplitter may earn from qualifying purchases.
Whether you’re just getting ready for winter, or you’re in the throes of a cold snap, the one thing you don’t want to be doing is spend hours splitting wood.
No one wants a sore back and shoulders – and noone wants to spend days on a simple chore.
Thankfully, the WEN Log Splitter we are reviewing today promises to cut down on the time it takes to split your woodpile while giving you a few added features along the way to make it easier on your back, WHILE shorter on your time!
Table of Contents
Who is WEN?
First off, it’s pretty importatnt to point out that these guys are based in the United States, with their headquarters found in Elgin Illinois.
Whether you have heard of these guys before or not, you can be assured that these guys know what they are doing. They have a huge consumer and industrial array of products in their lie up and according to the research we have completed, they are well rated and reviewed.
WEN was founded by a gentleman by the name of Nick Anton back in 1951. The thing that made these guys different all that time ago was the fact that they were one of the first to bring electricity and tools together!
They quite literally put the ‘POWER’ in Power Tools!https://wenproducts.com/pages/about-us
Their research and development team has seen them building products such as:
- drill presses
- tool chests
- electric soldering guns
- knife and wet wheel sharpeners
- bench grinder
- miter saws
- air compresses
- and heaps of other product ranges
The guys over at WEN say that their goal is:
To help woodworkers and artisans across the world execute their wildest imaginations.https://wenproducts.com/pages/about-us
WEN Log Splitter – #56207 – 6.5-Ton Electric Log Splitter – OVERVIEW
The most obvious thing to point out firstly is that this guy is an ELECTRIC log splitter. So you will need to make sure you have power handy near your woodpile to run it.
The best part about owning an electric log splitter is that because there is no motor, you don’t have any carbon monoxide emissions to worry about in enclosed spaces. You won’t need to buy gasoline for it, and the maintenance required on an electric motor is minimal.
Features & Benefits of the WEN 56207 – 6.5-Ton Electric Log Splitter
Here are just a few of the key features of this wood splitter.
PLEASE NOTE: I would encourage you to click through the link below to read up on the extensive description of this log splitter direct from the sales page as well as it contains even more detail that may interest you.
- FAST 15A Electric Motor – Providing over 13,000 pounds of cracking pressure, this will make short work of your woodpile!
- Multiple Heights – The stand that it comes with is optional for use. You can either mount the wheels directly to the base and run it on the ground, or use the 34-inch stand to have it at waist height. It’s up to you!
- Easy Movement – Built onto the WEN Log splitter is a 5.5-inch handle. Paired with the never-flat wheels, transporting beteen woodpiles ready for splitting doesn’t get much easier than this.
- No Emissions! – If you are wanting to use this guy in an enclosed space, it’s no problem! With its powerful electric motor, there are no emissions meaning you wont be choking on toxic carbon monoxide while you get the job done.
- Very Capable Splitting Power – You can split logs up to 10 inches in diameter and 20.5 inches in length.
- Simple to Use – without the need for engine maintenance, this guy starts every time! No annoying dirty carburetors or stale gasoline to worry about.
So there you have it. Those are the key features of the WEN Log Splitter – #56207 – 6.5-Ton Electric Log Splitter. As I mentioned earlier, you might want to jump over and take a look in more detail. Just click on the image or button below to check availability, price and further details:
WEN Electric Log Splitter FAQ’s
Does the WEN Electric Log Splitter work in cold weather?
Yes! It does.
You do have to put in the automatic transmission fluid as direcrted in the user manual.
Does it come with Hydraulics Fluid?
Yes! It does.
The WEN Electric Log splitter comes with sufficient hydraulics fluid already in it. If it does need a top up, it uses automatic transmission fluid. The user manul explains how to top it up and exactly what to buy.
What voltage does it run on?
Just a regular household plug on a 20 amp circuit breaker protected circuit.
Why does the WEN Electric Log Splitter Trip the circuit?
You will get the best results if you are using this with a 20 amp plug. Also, you may need to check and see what else is running on the circuit drawing too much power and posibly remove them while you are using the wood splitter.
Can the WEN Log Splitter be used vertically?
No, it can’t.
Make sure you keep this guy horizontal. It’s not design to be used vertically.